Junior Summer Camps
Butterfield Summer Golf Camps are designed to introduce and develop core fundamentals for basic set-up, full swing, chipping, putting, etiquette, sportsmanship and safety for on-course play. Activities and games will take place on the driving range, the short game area, the putting green and the golf course when available.
Summer Camps run Mondays to Thursdays
Pee Wee Camps (ages 5-9) run from 8:00am-10:00am (Total 8 hours)
Junior Beginner Camps (ages 10-15) run from 8:00am-11:00am (Total 12 hours)
Junior Skills Camps (ages 10-15) run from 8:00am-11:00am (Total 12 hours)
Pee Wee Camps - $120 per camper
Junior Camps - $180 per camper
2017 Junior Camps have concluded. 2018 Session dates will be posted soon!
Quick inside peek at a daily curriculum of a beginner camp:
- 8-8:15 - Check in, introductions and name tags
- 8:15-8:30 - Safety rules, Facility tour and equipment chat (talk about what each club does)
- 8:30-9:15 - Grip, stance and intro to swing motion by tossing a soccer ball. Progressing to real golf balls. Begin with 9 iron half swing, building to full swing with 7 iron.
- 9:15-9:30 - BREAK
- 9:30-9:40 - Introduction to putting green, special treatment and rules and etiquette of the greens
- 9:40-10:00 - Putting skills; distance control and aim
- 10:00-10:15 - Introduction to chipping (tossing the golf balls into target nets)
- 10:15-10:30 - Chipping skills
- 10:30-11:00 - Teams chip and putt practice - games and drills